Basic First Aid
ASHI Basic First Aid
ASHI Basic First Aid was created to help students develop basic first aid knowledge, skills, and the confidence to respond. The program is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting, and is consistent with recommendations of the 2010 National First Aid Science Advisory Board and OSHA’s best practices for first aid training programs in the workplace.
Individuals who require or desire elementary first aid knowledge and skills with a focus on adults, children, or both, including:
- Emergency response teams in business and industry
- School bus drivers
- Adult residential care personnel
- Child care workers
Max student to instructor ratio: 10 to 1
Recommended student to equipment ratio: 3 to 1
Required when specified by organizational, local, or state regulation. It is recommended for designated responders with a duty or employer expectation to respond in an emergency and provide first aid care.
Students must perform required skills competently without assistance.
Recognized certification period: Up to 2 years
Recommended time to complete:
- Initial training: 3-4 hours
- Renewal training: Less than initial instructional time
- Successful completion is based on achievement of the core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.